AG. Richard Reed, bap. 7 Aug. 1720 at Wendron. Given the estate in Carthew in Wendron and a share in the stamping mills in his father's will. Named in his brother Joseph's will as a co-guardian of Joseph's son Joseph. Yeoman of Wendron, will dated 30 July 1782, proved 19 Mar. 1784 A.C.C. Literate. Married 1stly, 17 Feb. 1750 at Wendron, Beersheba (Bethsheba) Perry of Wendron. Bap. 8 Nov. 1710 at Wendron, daughter of Bennet Perry, by Duglas Dunstone. Children:
1. Joseph Reed, bap. 19 July 1752 at Wendron. See below AH.
2. Richard Reed, bap. 5 Nov. 1754 at Wendron. See below AI.
3. Elizabeth, bap. 2 May 1756 at Wendron.
4. Sheba Reed, bap. 15 May 1757 at Wendron. See below AK.
Richard married 2ndly, 5 Jan. 1769, by licence, at Wendron, Joan Dunston of Wendron. Given the leasehold tenement called Higher Medlyn in Wendron and all the household effects brought from Medlyn [?her former home] to Carthew in her husband's will; there is also mention of a marriage settlement. Her daughter Elizabeth [? by a previous marriage] is also mentioned in the will; Richard also mentions his 'son-in-law' Thomas Dunstone, meaning, most probably his stepson, Joan's son. Children:
5. Walter Reed, bap. 21 May 1769 at Wendron.
6. Jane, bap. 8 July 1770 at Wendron. Named in her father's will as being under 14.
7. Sarah, bap. 19 Sep. 1773 at Wendron. Named in her father's will as being under 14.